Monday 14 August 2017

Sörmlandsleden 6 & 6.1

12 August 2017

Today's hike got me addicted to the trail. It is called Sörmlandsleden and there are 62 sections (with subsections too) in this entire 1000km trail. I was so keen on going to all the sections but then I found out that most of these sections are outside the SL train or bus route, which means one needs to pay for these independent tickets. I think the SL train or route covers till Section 13 or maybe slightly more.

We are going to do Section 6 and 6.1 today which will be about 20km. We met at Huddinge Train Station and took bus 709 where we alighted at Ådran bus stop at 11.11am. It is amazing how accurate the timing is. 




Upon arrival at the bus stop, Walid, the organiser introduces himself and the trail. He is self-sufficient in the forest and he can build a fire too. Wow.. and not only that, he has a PhD. I am like.. WOW again. He did not mention that to everyone in the group but I asked him. He is a very humble guy.








Sörmlandsleden trail is marked with the orange signs. Just follow the colour and you will reach to the next section. There will be a signboard to describe each trail.








We stopped for breaks whenever we pass by any lakes. 




This is a group picture of us taken during lunch break. Photo courtesy of one of the members in the group, Greg Linqvist. 


And my own selfie. 




The sole friend I made during the walk. And by friend, I mean, we exchanged contacts and met a couple of times after. 


We reached the end of the trail and walked through a neighbourhood and back to Huddinge station.


I enjoyed the walk a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment