Saturday 3 June 2017

Resident Permit Application

2 June 2017

I went to Migrationsverket to apply for my resident permit. I have made an appointment for 12.30pm on 2 June 2017 (from the website) to get my finger print and photo taken. It was only 11.30am when I arrived at the train station. It was cold for me as I stepped out of the train station. Second day in Sweden and I was still adapting to the temperature. My hands were painfully cold.

So, we went to the nearest mall, Mall of Scandinavia. Can't get less Scandinavian anymore. It is quite a high-end mall. Everything seems more expensive. Well, everything is expensive in Sweden anyway. I got to see my first indoor fountain in Stockholm. Haha!





At 12.20pm, we hurried to Migrationsverket. The place was packed. I registered myself and my number was called 30 minutes after my appointed time. I got my photo and thumb print taken. Then, I asked the officer if I am allowed to work. He said yes. I was excited! I have been anxious thinking if I can find a job. Phew. Once I get my resident permit, then only I have to go to the Tax Office to get my personal ID number.

Task completed. Now, we buy some groceries for the long weekend. This is what I found in the store - Nasi Goreng dan Telur for SEK59 = RM29.50. Tell me now how I have the heart to eat.



Time to start our long weekend. It was a public holiday on Tuesday because it was the National Day. So, he took a Monday off and we will drive for a longer destination. He told me - Halle Berry. Well, it sounded like that when he spoke. First Swedish lesson - 'berg' is pronounced as 'buhry'. The place we were intending to go is spelt as 'Halleburg'. This is in addition to Garden of Gothenburg (correct if you pronounced it as Gothen-buhry). Excellent, you are catching up too!

No comments:

Post a Comment