Sunday 18 June 2017

Ferry Ride to Djurgarden

10 June 2017

On one windy and eventually rainy evening, he suggested to visit Djurgarden. We went there by ferry, and as most of my questions are - Is it free? Yes, it is because I am using the SL card. This SL access card is the best. It is a one card for trams, metro, buses and ferries (not all ferries).

Along the way, I saw 2 ceramic-made-profile-photo (I have no idea what is this called) of 2 famous persons. Well, they have got to be famous to have their face printed and pasted on buildings.



Now, we have arrived at Slussen Ferry Terminal. We tagged our SL cards and waited for the incoming ferry. You can check the frequency of the ferry on the board. 




Here is our ferry ride to Djurgarden. It was just a 5 minute ferry ride to the island. 

Djurgården or, more officially, Kungliga Djurgården (Swedish: The (Royal) Game Park) is an island in central Stockholm, Sweden. Djurgården is home to historical buildings and monuments, museums, galleries, the amusement park Gröna Lund, the open-air museum Skansen, the small residential area Djurgårdsstaden, yacht harbours, and extensive stretches of forest and meadows. Source from Wikipedia.

I went to Skansen in 2015, and did not know I can take the ferry. Instead, I walked for about 1 hour from my hostel of stay. 










That is the Amusement Park! Which is very expensive, by the way. Single admission is SEK115 = RM57.50. A whole summer admission is SEK1599 = RM800. I will probably go once I got a job. When we arrived, it drizzled and I saw many of the kids running for shelter in the amusement park.












We went to the Royal National City Park but it was raining and I dare not take out my camera to snap any photos. We found a shade and these are the only photos taken. It stopped raining but drizzled again. Yes, that is crazy Swedish summer. It got too cold for me in the end because I was not dressed for the rain and we went back instead. 



No comments:

Post a Comment