Wednesday 21 June 2017

Modern Museum and Swedish Centre for Architecture and Design

13 June 2017

The next museum on the list is Modern Museum and ArkDes (Swedish Centre for Architecture and Design), and Museum of Far Eastern Antiquities. All 3 of them are located just next to each other. 

The first step is always finding the place. Taking the train has been very easy for me now. Taking the bus can be confusing sometimes especially in a busy area. This time, I am to take a bus from Centralen Station. I remembered clearly that I am to take Bus 65. So, I walked out from Central Station, looking for the bus stop that has bus 65. I looked at 2 stops and could not find this number. A passer-by suggested I ask the tourist information. The tourist information directed me to another bus stop which is below the bridge, also outside Central Station. Remember, Central Station is HUGE. There are many exits. 


Now, that the bus has dropped me at the bus stop, I looked for the Museum. I turned around 360 degrees looking for any sign that states Modern Museum or Museum of Far Eastern Antiquities. I saw a municipal signboard, but because of my terrible sense of direction, I was not sure where I should walk. So, I asked 2 ladies who have no idea where are the museums too. Then, one of them called me from afar when the direction they were headed was next to Museum of Far Eastern Antiquities. 



So, Ostasiatiska Museet = Museum of Far Eastern Antiquities. 




The statue that must have caught everyone's eye before stepping into Modern Museum. One is not allowed to take photos inside Modern Museum. It's free entrance inside here.




I believe every museum I have been to has a place to put their bags and coats. Some needs coins and some don't.



I remembered a particular video I saw in this museum. It was a video inside an exhibition where a group of African men were commenting how the Swedish government has no respect for its women, because for an African man to reside in Sweden, they need to marry a local Swede; and it is disrespectful to the Swedish ladies that their statuses are not that important enough and just enough for an African man to stay in Sweden. Do you get what I am saying here? Anyway, I never thought of it that way - that any man or woman is lowly if marrying them is all it takes to reside in a country. This is a different perspective though.



And next to Modern Museum was ArkDes. Free entrance. It tells the architecture of Sweden from the olden days. The reason why the town is such in some places of Sweden.



















Well, there aren't many words I could use to describe museums. I have been visiting too many museums now. Next up, is Museum of Far Eastern Antiquities which is just next door.

No comments:

Post a Comment