Thursday 6 July 2017

Sjöhistoriska (Maritime) Museum

6 July 2017

June left. One month has passed since I have been in Sweden. I was overdose on museums but I have really nothing else to do except to visit free museums and enjoy the sun. I could not speak Swedish and so my activities are limited to English-speaking activities. My partner was working too. So, it was me, myself and I during weekdays.

Today, I took the bus to visit Sjöhistoriska Museum. It means Maritime. I could not pronounce the letters 'sj' together. It was just tongue-twisting. So, 11 months later, as I reflect (edited) this post, it is pronounced as 'hwer-histori-ka'. I agree, it sounds totally different from how it is spelt.  

If you are a fan of ships and anything to do with ships, you have to visit this place. They have fine exhibitions of ship models and of course, to me, it was boring. My partner was surprised that I found it boring. Haha! Well, it was too technical for me. Okay, I can vouch that they have very detailed globes and elegant paintings of ships. 

The Maritime Museum in Stockholm, Sweden is a museum for naval history, merchant shipping and shipbuilding. The museum houses about 900,000 photos, 50,000 objects and 45,000 drawings, all related to the sea, coast, ships and boats, past and present. Source from Wikipedia.



















No comments:

Post a Comment