Monday 23 April 2018

Culture Night Stockholm 2018

21 April 2018

Stockholm appreciates art and culture. Theaters, plays, music, comedies, and with their various museums. So, it is not surprising to hear of Culture Night Stockholm. A night where a majority of museums, culture houses allow free entry from 6pm to midnight. So, one needs to choose wisely on the places to visit. I can't wait to explore more of this next year!

I chose to go to the Royal Swedish Opera. I have always seen this from afar but never entered in because you need a ticket to see a performance. So, on this evening, I got to go in for free. 

1) I saw a short ballet using visual technology. Just a 5-minute virtual reality play. One get to see the dancers closer through the eye-wear.

2) I listened to a short opera performance. It was packed in the concert hall. It is a beautiful hall, by the way. I left after 10 minutes. 

3) I listened to a live opera performance right before me. The 2 opera singers were just 5 feet away from me. Amazing!







No comments:

Post a Comment