Sunday 15 July 2018

Thailand Festival 2018

13 July 2018

Time for another country festival in Kungsträdgården. It is Thailand! My friend and I got here early at 11am, just when it was starting and we did not need to queue up long for the food. Plus, we went on a Friday too. Avoid the weekend crowd! I did not visit this last year, so I was pleasantly surprised to see that there were so many goodies available for grabs - dried banana snacks because I tried pronouncing some Thai words from a TV screen, potpourri from a little demo class, tried steamed vegetarian dumplings from the Thai Embassy tent, and a teddy bear from Thai Airways tent.

Definitely will visit this next year!






How about some massage on the head, back and shoulders? 15 minutes for SEK100/RM50, 30 minutes for SEK200 / RM100 and 60 minutes for SEK400/RM200. Why do they even need to write for 30 minutes and 60 minutes when it is not even cheaper? Just write every 15 minutes = SEK100. 







That Thai Coffee got me interested and I thought it will be the same as Malaysia's Iced Coffee but turns out to be a VERY diluted coffee and at an expensive price too for SEK45.



Largest durian I have ever seen in my life. Each costs about SEK500/RM250.




My friend treated me to some Thai food. Stewed pork on the left - SEK80/RM40. Thai fish cakes - SEK85/RM42.50. We shared 4 meals, 1 dessert, Singha beer and coffee together. 


She got baked vegetarian dumplings for her husband and let me took one back to try.


Curry noodles. Fried mussels with egg on the right - almost similar to Malaysia's 'aw jien'. Can't remember how much she paid for them.



Me and my Singha Beer. Yums!


Shaved ice dessert with jellies inside.


This is the most diluted coffee ever for SEK45/RM22.50. I got fooled. 



Thai Embassy's tent had a demo cooking show where the personal chefs of the ambassador made steamed vegetarian dumplings for the public to try. 






The public got to try to make their own potpourri and bring them back. They smelt lovely but the smell was gone after a week. Haha!






This was actually a competition where one takes photos with the stewardesses of Thai Airlines, post it on Facebook or Instagram, hashtag their captions and describe why you deserve to win, wait until the end of the day to see if you are lucky enough to win. I took the photo just to get their teddy bear. 


The teddy bear has my photo on its t-shirt!


Best country festival ever! So much goodies to get!

No comments:

Post a Comment