Wednesday 10 October 2018

India Film Festival 2018

How apt that I am posting this 2 days after Deepavali. While everyone is talking about Christmas in Stockholm, I am thinking of muruku, mutton curry, and Indian sweets...

2 October 2018

India Film Festival. I never thought that I get to watch Bollywood films again in a cinema till today. My friend invited me to go to the India Film Festival which was organised by the India Embassy. It was held in the Swedish Film Institute which was my first time too! I love going to places for the first time. 

The Ambassador gave a speech followed by the release of Mahatma Gandhi's stamps which is internationally released today, and continued with a short clip of Mahatma Gandhi and his values. It ended with a 2.5 hour Bollywood movie by the famous producer Yash Raj. Yash Raj made some of my favourite Bollywood movies - the most famous is Kabhi Kushi Kabhi Gam, that has Shah Rukh Khan inside. Today's movie is called 'Thread and Needle' and the main actor bears a slight resemblance to Shah Rukh Khan. 






We were treated with Indian delicacies of pumpkin sponge cake, samosa and the extremely sweet gulab jamul. 


No comments:

Post a Comment