Monday 29 April 2019

Culture Night Stockholm 2019 - Part 2: Bergrummet (The Mountain Room = Toy Museum)

27 April 2019

The evening walk continues from Strindberg Museum to the Toy Museum. I was informed that this museum relocated from Västerås. Apparently, this is the biggest toy museum in North Europe with no Internet available under the mountain. It is not an actual mountain but it is located under a hill, a very small hill. There is WiFi, though. Entrance fees cost SEK140, so I am happy to be able to enjoy this without a fee on Culture Night. However, it is free if 3 generations come on a Tuesday.  











This is cool! How they slice the car into half and have more cars inside.


Occasionally, I need to play with the toys too.



Little tin soldiers.




Do you know Popeye is called Karl Alfred in Swedish? I don't see the relationship and I don't understand why they have to Swedish-ise the name. Even Garfield is Swedish-ise to Gustav. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. 

One can try to arm wrestle with Popeye-machine with a SEK10 coin. My boyfriend made fun of this saying that you can't swish to arm wrestle, as I enjoy swishing monies to another person without the physical transfer of monies involved. Yes, my boyfriend is old-school and does not enjoy swishing. 





There was an exhibition on Barbie - the development of Barbie.


I believe most Swedes would enjoy this museum, especially those from the older generation where they are brought back to the past again looking at these old toys. Kids nowadays play with their computer games and won't understand the joy of physical toys.

This is a museum I would definitely recommend a visit!

That's all, folks! I will be visiting different locations in next year's Cultural Night. Fingers crossed that it will be as warm as this year's Cultural Night. 14 degrees. Perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment