Friday 26 April 2019

Tastebud : Relais de la Gare (third time)

26 April 2019

French food for lunch today at Relais de la Gare. This is my third time here. I am on a mission to try all of its dishes on the menu. Today, I chose steak tartare - raw beef served with egg yolk, cubed beetroot, caper (a type of plant that is native in the Mediterranean) and onions. The 4 dots are mustard sauce and the green round plant is a caper. SEK163 / RM81.50.

It is my first time with steak tartare and I had an inkling that it was raw but I did not expect it to be entirely raw. Surprisingly, it did not taste anything weird. I stared at my plate for a while wondering loudly how should I eat this and I got pointers from a diner who sat next to me. Mix the egg yolk in the meat and then blend the other ingredients in gradually.


Strangely enough, it did not taste anything at all. It felt odd to be eating raw meat. I went back and googled about this dish. There were some reservations about raw meat containing bacteria. However, there are many articles that state that this dish has the least possibility of food poisoning as only high end restaurants with high standards of hygiene serve this meal. Then, my sister told me that symptoms of bad bacteria i.e. E.Coli will appear after 3 - 4 days. So, I kept a watch on myself. Thankfully, I am really thankful that I was alright, but the product of the food digestion did not smell very pleasant. 

I am definitely not trying this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment