Saturday 18 May 2019

Tastebud : Saigon Baguette

17 May 2019

Today's lunch is Vietnamese food. I had lunch at Saigon Baguette, which is located on Gamla Brogatan 25, and just like its name, I had baguette. It is called Banh Mi in Vietnamese. I visited Danang, Vietnam in 2013 and the baguette is a street food which costed USD0.75 / RM2.25 then. So, 6 years later, it could be USD1 / SEK10? My baguette, as you can expect in all Swedish food, costs a bomb - SEK85 / USD8.80 / RM36.80. Yup, close to 8 times the price. 

The baguette is yummy with its crunchy bread and cucumber. There were slivers of chili but it is not spicy at all. It was filling for me. I saw that Vietnamese coffee was sold too but the price puts me off, and I doubt that the taste will be as good as the one in Vietnam. Vietnamese coffee is priced at SEK39 = USD3.90. Six years ago, the Vietnamese coffee that I had in Danang costed me USD1. Maybe it is USD2 now. 

The place had lots of customers that day. They were willing to wait (well, Swedes love to queue) for the food. The restaurant is not huge, so there were limited spaces to dine, hence, there were many take-aways.

No comments:

Post a Comment