Sunday 11 August 2019

Sörmlandsleden 1, 2 & 3

10 August 2019

The quest to complete Sörmlandsleden resumes this year. The last time I did a hike in one of the sections in Sörmlandsleden was in 2017. In 2017, I did 7 sections that were very near the public transportation. As the sections' number increase, the possibility of arriving by public transportation becomes lower.

Today, I did Section 1, 2 and 3. I did Section 1 in 2017 but did not continue on to 2 and 3. So, this year, I am very excited to continue the sections. I took the train to Björkhagen and the hike started from there. Section 1 was a total of 8.5km from Björkhagen to Skogshyddan. We started at 7.50am and ended by 11.20am. 



There was even spring water where the water is so fresh and cooling.


Section 1 took us about 3.5 hours. Section 2 continues on from Skoggshyddan to Alby friluftsgård (pronounced as 'free-lufts-gourd' which mean 'free air garden') with a distance of 6.5km.


We stopped at a lake for lunch where my friend took a dip and picked up a lotus. 




Section 2 took us about 2.5 hours. A few of us continued on to Section 3 as it was only 1.54pm. Section 3 has a distance of 13.5km from Alby friluftsgård to Tyresta by ('by' means village, and it is pronounced as 'bee' and not the English word of 'by'). 





We had a berry break where all of us except me looked for blueberries to eat. Section 3 has a beautiful trail. There were so many blueberries!


We reached the end of Section 3 by 6.30pm which means we took 4.5 hours to complete 13.5km. We were caught in a heavy rain but luckily, I got my rain jacket and rain pants.  


There was a bus stop at the end of Section 3 where we took the bus back to the train station 'Handen'. Fantastic walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment