Saturday 30 November 2019

Christmas Market at Skansen

30 November 2019

This is my first and last Christmas market that I visited in 2019 as I went back home in December. Skansen opened its Christmas market on the last day of November till a few days before Christmas which is celebrated on 24 December here. Entrance fees cost SEK170 per person. It snowed the day before so it was a beautiful sight in Skansen. We went inside the workshops or cottages just to get some warmth! It was a bit of a squeeze too because the space is really small, and I think most of the visitors have the same thinking as us - to get some warmth. 

By the way, Skansen is an open-air museum and a zoo too. We did not go to the zoo area. I doubt one can see any animals. 



There is a garden in Skansen but as you can see, there are no flowers.


We got to try some dried and hard bread here. The ladies were making them on the spot. You can imagine that it is really warm inside here.





My friend was here too but we did not bump into each other. I knew about it because she posted on Instagram. We were also there during the same time! There was really a lot of people that day!


Lots of chocolate pieces to try!



This pancake booth looks really good but we did not get any. It is always nice to get something hot in the mouth during winter.





The queue for glogg (mulled wine) is long.


That's all. Well, it is a good experience in Skansen as I have never been here during a Christmas market. Also, I bought a pair of sheep fur sandals for SEK395. It is expensive here, as other places sell theirs for about SEK360. I did not have much of a choice because I did not have time to go elsewhere. Good investment, because I can wear it for many winters.

No comments:

Post a Comment