Wednesday 23 December 2020

Christmas project - Wooden box filled with cookies

23 December 2020

For this year's Christmas, I came up with an idea to make a wooden box and fill it with home-baked cookies that are usually eaten during Christmas. Well, actually it was not my idea. I was flipping through a food magazine and the arrangement of cookies was in a box. I asked my boyfriend what is the box made of. He said that it was just plywood and it is easy to construct. So, that is how our project got initiated!

This is our Christmas present to 4 families. 


The project began on the first week of December. We went to Hornbach to buy a long plank, measured and sawed. We used an electric saw which is so much easier and precise! Then, we glued each piece over a period of 2 weeks. We made 4 wooden boxes. I was very satisfied with the output! It looks like a store-bought wooden box. 



For the cookies, we baked 6 types. The names are translated directly from Swedish. It is funny with the names of 'Grandmother's bachelors' and 'Blueberry jam caves'. The ground recipe is shortbread and flavoured with almonds, gingerbread, saffron and hazelnuts. 


I picked pine cones, pine twigs and moss from the forest. Once the pine cones dried up, they opened and looked so pretty. These dried pine cones are sold in florist shops and one shop that I visited sold these cones for SEK10 // RM5 each. 


I filled the wooden box with paper strips, followed by a red silk paper, pine twigs, dried pine cones, dried moss, the cookies and finally, paper stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment