Tuesday 13 July 2021

Tastebud : BanYan

12 July 2021

Today, I had lunch with a friend in BanYan, an Indian restaurant. It had been a long time since I had Indian food as I began to realise all Indian curries are similar despite the different names. As I cook more, I am aware of the ingredients in an Indian curry. The restaurant has several additions that comes with the price of a meal, so I thought it was worth the price.

I had Malay Lamm (lamb curry) för SEK105 and garlic naan for SEK20. My friend took chicken tandoori rezalla (sizzing chicken) for SEK99. The additions that we had were mango lassi (a drink that originated in the Punjab region which is a blend of yogurt, water, spices and sometimes fruit which is mango in this case), salad, pappadam (a flatbread that is made from dried lentils) or and rasam (a soup that is made of spicy-sweet-sour stock traditionally prepared using kokum, tamarind, or dried green mango juice as a base). There is even coffee, tea and water. I took mango lassi because this drink do not come cheap and I miss drinking that. 



No comments:

Post a Comment