Sunday 24 October 2021

Tastebud : Bird Söder (South)

23 October 2021

Today, we tried a recommended restaurant or bistro as I may call it. I booked brunch at Bird which is located in Södermalm. They have 2 branches and I took the one which has the brunch option. Södermalm is an area famous for its hipsters so I am not surprised they have a brunch option. Funnily, brunch starts at 12pm! It was challenging choosing a place to try its food and I chose this place because their menu serves fried chicken on a doughnut! Haha! I thought it was very unhealthy and I decided to try it. 

Overall, the food was so delicious! I could not stop gushing how so good they were each time I had a bite! And not too expensive as it was about SEK150 per plate. It would be better if you come with a group of friends and one can share the meals. In total, we paid SEK690. Food and drinks (cola zero for SEK40 and ginger beer for SEK45).


Here is me with the food's portion. They are not huge and hence, the recommendation by the restaurant / bistro to order 2 to 3 plates. We shared and ordered 4 plates!


First dish - Duck confit grilled cheese served with sourdough toast and a sunny side up (fried egg) for SEK165. It is really yummy! 


Second dish - fried chicken on a doughnut for SEK155. Delicious too and totally unhealthy! For drinks, I had ginger beer for SEK45.


Third dish - Smashed cucumber burrata for SEK140. I did not know burrata is a blob of cheese. I was skeptical when I saw it but it turned out to be so good eaten with chili oil and sesame. Fusion of Asian and Western, as they say.


We ordered a fourth plate because we were not very full yet. This dish made me very full because it comes with bread. Nashville hot chicken sando for SEK145. I should have guessed that sando is probably short form for sandwich? The hot chicken in between the bread is fried chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment