Sunday 11 February 2024

Tastebud : Jakarta

10 February 2024

Indonesian food for dinner. In general, I do not eat Thai and Indonesian food as the food is similar to Malaysian food but my boyfriend suggested it and I was just keen to go out with him on a weekend. It had been a long time since we ate out by ourselves. Mostly, I think eating out is so expensive... The food here is flavourful with the spices but the dishes took some time to be served. Overall, I would come again if I am out of options. 

For starters, we had Balado Kentang 70kr. Balado = Spicy. Kentang = Potato. It was a bit spicy and the smell of lemon grass was strong. And we had Lumpia which is spring rolls for 49kr. I think that is an expensive spring roll especially when it is vegetarian spring roll.


Then, we ordered a basket of prawn chips (50kr) because it took quite some time for the main dish to appear. I took a picture with the chips to show the portion.


Indonesia has yummy avocado juice so I had a glass. It was not sweet. 55kr. I drank it very slowly.


For the main dishes, we had Balado Daging (spicy beef) 220kr and Gulai Domba (Curry Lamb) 225kr.  The gulai domba came in a bowl and the portion was not big. There were more beef chunks than lamb chunks. The beef dish is spicy just like its name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment