Tuesday 30 April 2024

Tastebud : Balkan Wine & Meze

30 April 2024

It was a great weather today despite the cold wind. The warm weather is approaching. Winter is gone for now. I walked to the restaurant from work because I wanted to get some sunshine. All outdoor seatings were filled with people drinking wine or beer while facing the sun. The atmosphere was lively! My friend and I chose to try Balkan food at Balkan Wine & Meze. There were menu sets but I viewed that it was not worth the price. So, we took individual dishes instead. The food came in small plates and we ordered 2 portions in each dish. There were different prices for 1 and 2 portions. Here are my hands with the small plates - to give perspective!

We shared:
1) Punjene paprike 2 portions for 175kr - Dried red bell peppers with minced beef filling served on lettuce and kajmak (Balkan version of fresh cheese - made by boiling milk at low temperature for 2 hours and the cream is skimmed off to ferment for several days)

2) Sremska 2 portions for 175kr - Spicy sausage with salad and kajmak.

3) Pljeskavica 2 portions for 190kr - Ground beef "Balkan style" (120g). Served with ajvar (mashed roasted bell pepper), urnebes (mashed garlic with bell pepper) and chopped onion. The beef patty was bouncy in texture. It reminded me of fishball. 

ALL THE FOOD IS SO DELICIOUS! I enjoyed the taste. I wondered if they use Vegeta in their cooking. Vegeta is a seasoning that is commonly used in Balkan cooking. 




No comments:

Post a Comment