Thursday 6 June 2024

Tastebud : China2 Kungsholmen

5 June 2024

There are so many Chinese restaurants in Stockholm! I thought I had tried a lot and could not find more but I managed to find a new place. China Restaurant has 3 branches and brew their own beer too! My 2 companions tried their beer and they think the beer was good! I tried the beer too and it was not as bitter as how beers usually are. In this restaurant, we shared a Peking duck (598kr) and fried green beans (195kr). The menu described the Peking duck to be shared among 4 persons but the three of us could finish it and we did not order too many dishes either. I am not a fan of duck, in general, as I find the meat chewy but after having this Peking duck, it changed my perception. The meat in Peking duck is not chewy but the skin is not crispy, as I was hoping it will be. 

Peking duck is served in 3 rounds. I read that Peking duck is carved in front of the customers but we did not get that. For the first round, slices of duck skin with meat eaten with steamed pancakes served with julienned spring onion and cucumber and eaten with fermented bean sauce. Very Yummy! 




Second round - shredded duck meat with chilli powder.
 

We had an additional dish too - fried green beans that has a rating of two chillis on the menu. It was cooked with sichuan pepper so the dish can be numbing to the mouth if one consumes the sichuan pepper. The dish came with a bowl of rice. 


Third round from the Peking duck. Duck soup with the remaining of duck bone. There was some meat left in the bone. Look at the last photo. 



No comments:

Post a Comment