I crocheted a bag. I cannot believe that I could do it. Those who crochet say that it is easy. Now, I can say that too. I bought a DIY kit from Lidl, a grocery store. I thought it will be a kit for kids but it came with an instruction and materials. I was frustrated in the beginning because I did not understand. I searched through many articles and videos online. Finally, I understood.
I crocheted half of the bag in one evening, about 3 hours. Then, I completed the strap the next evening. I did not follow the instruction for the strap. The instruction to do the strap was a simple chain mask and I read that a chain mask needs to be strengthened as the strap can be pulled down by the contents of the bag. So, I made the strap thicker and now, the bag can definitely hold contents.
The kit came with beads to make braided beads at the bottom of the bag but I skipped it because I will give this bag to a kid.
I am so proud of myself. Now I have a hobby to keep me occupied during my retirement.


No comments:
Post a Comment