Saturday 1 July 2017

Fo Guang Shan Buddhist Temple

30 June 2017

Today, I bring myself to Fo Guang Shan (FGS) which is a Buddhist temple. I think this is the only temple that has branches in Europe. I went here for a family matter. I did not know if FGS existed in Sweden, and I tried my luck on Google, and I was lucky. The place is located at Blygatan 3, Rosersberg. The thing about the addresses in Stockholm is that you can really rely on it.

This place is quite far from Stockholm, requiring about 1 hour 15 minutes to get here. One needs to take the Commuter Train / Pendeltåg (pronounced as pen-the-tog) (with the 'J' symbol) which goes outside Stockholm. The train station to stop at is Rosersberg Station. It is covered by the monthly SL transport card. I arrived and I got lost trying to find the direction. I felt like I was in the middle of nowhere.



A 11-minute walk from the train station took me 20 minutes. I wanted to hurry in time because of the opening hours. Fortunately enough, I managed to see some signboards to direct me to the temple. Kinesiskt buddisttempel - Chinese Buddhist Temple.




I found myself in front of a building which did not look like a temple, except for the door entrance. Everything inside resembles a temple, though. There was a monk from Taiwan, and 3 other volunteers. We spoke in Mandarin. I prayed in the main hall for a while. The monk gave me a book on understanding life. She also treated me to a vegetarian lunch. They cooked while I was praying in the hall. 







No comments:

Post a Comment