Sunday 2 July 2017

Medieval Museum

30 June 2017

Today, I bring myself to Medieval Museum, my 5th museum in the month of June. It is free entry, hence, why I am here. I did a schedule of all the free museums I can go to. Schedule because some free entries depends on specific days and times and they have different opening hours too. This museum is located below a road and has an awesome view of a naked statue (Haha!) and the waters. I remembered I was in need of a toilet and museums are always a good place to find toilets. There are no public toilets in the train stations. At first, I found it pretty strange because I wondered how does people withhold their pee. And then I see lots of beggars in town, and I realised it was a good idea to not have toilets instead at public place.

They said that Netherlands has the most museums in the world. I thought Stockholm has lots of museums, so I really cannot imagine visiting all the museums in Netherlands. I was never a fan of museums before I came to Sweden, and I don't usually include museums in my travel itineraries unless they are really worth going to or a UNESCO sort, but ever since moving to Stockholm, I would recommend people to visit some of their museums. I have a favourite and it is Nordiska Museum. Never imagine that I would have a favourite museum!

I digress. Let's talk about Medieval Museum now!

The museum is built around the findings from the largest excavation in Stockholm. Our underground exhibition features 55 meters of the original 16th century town wall, a medieval graveyard and a war ship. Source from Medeltidsmuseum.











The journey into the museum. There is a video at the beginning of the entrance to showcase how Stockholm was formed. And how Stockholm got its name. Enjoy the photos! I don't have much description of the photos though. It is lots of artifacts, duh!, as most museums usually are, but I am trying to say that it is not impactful enough for me to describe much. 






















This is evidence that I was at the museum and these photos are taken by me! Haha! That is the naked statue I was talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment