Saturday 14 October 2017

Short Getaway : Day 1 - Omberg

10 October 2017

On 9th October 2017, my sister came over to visit me for 5 days. So, we did a 2-day 1 night trip to Omberg and Tåkern Lake. She is not a fan of museums and the usual tourist stuff, but more towards nature. Since it is the migration period during October for the birds, we went to a more plausible place for birdwatching which was Omberg and Tåkern Lake. My sister did not get to identify much birds but it is definitely a beautiful nature place.

We stayed at STF Stocklycke Omberg for a night. A quadruple room that we paid SEK1150. The best part was we had the whole building to ourselves! It was off-season and there was really no one at all. Plus, we came during a weekday.

We started from Stockholm where my partner prepared reindeer sandwich for us. I wanted to let my sister taste it. He spread butter on the bread and lined up mayonnaise, mustard and cheese with the reindeer meat. It is really good!




We reached the STF after a 3-hour drive. See how large it is. They have a spacious living room with a fireplace, a kitchen where one can cook and a clean bathroom too. Can you believe it that we had the whole place to ourselves? The staff called me before we arrived and mentioned that the keys are in the postbox and we let ourselves in. Look at how pretty the leaves are. Autumn is a beautiful season.












We had our reindeer sandwich for late lunch with a cup of hot chocolate. Then, we were off to explore the hiking trail which is just right behind the hostel.












We reached a little peak where we saw apple trees which got my sister excited. Like me, we have never seen apple trees before till we came to Sweden. It is like how Westerners are excited to see banana trees on the roadside in Asean countries. I was sneezing a lot here and my hands started to ache from the cold when we left the top. 








We detoured a bit from the trail to see a lake. It was a little bit scary for me to be there in the dark with just us. We were even walking back from the nature in the dark which scared me a bit. 


My partner and my sister made the fire that evening and it felt so warm in the living room. We sat by the fire and warmed ourselves. 





Dinner by the fireplace. Pasta. Yums.


No comments:

Post a Comment