Sunday 1 October 2017

Sörmlandsleden 13.2 & Kayaking

30 September 2017

Today's hike is special. We went on Sörmlandsleden Section 13.2 which is a new section on the route. The day we hiked was the official opening day of this section. Hence, there were some activities at Sandtorp, a spot near the lake where there were representatives from Sörmlandsleden, Kanotkungen, Friluftsfrämjandet and Turinge Scoutkår. There were not many people at the area. I tried kayaking! 

I took the train to Södertalje Centrum and continued with bus 780x from Södertalje Centrum to Nykvarn Station. 12km hike today.













Sandtorp where we stopped for lunch.







I tried kayaking for 20 minutes. Gosh, my arms were so tired after that. I got nervous in the beginning when they pushed the kayak into the waters. I asked the staff if the lake was deep. I can't remember what he said now, but I did not want to fall into the waters. One must use the core to paddle which I did not understand so I ended up having aching arms. I thought having the skirt was weird but it was to prevent myself from getting wet if water splashed on my lap. 

Photos below were taken by Greger Lindkvist.




No comments:

Post a Comment