Wednesday 16 August 2017

Stockholm Culture Festival 2017 : Bollywood

15 August 2017

Stockholm Culture Festival fills streets and squares with all kinds of cultural events for all ages during five lively summer days and nights. Source from Visit Stockholm.

This is an annual event in Stockholm during the summer - happens in August. They have events in multiple places for 5 days and you can look for your interest in their website or in their printed pamphlets. It was my third month in Sweden and I thought that this is so cool! Countries coming to Sweden to showcase their culture and food (at a not-very-affordable price). In July, Indonesia came to Kungstradgarden for the weekend. 

For 2017, the theme was India. I was hoping to find banana leaf which is a South Indian dish and also found in Malaysia, hence, my cravings for that. The crowd was huge to look at the performances and looking at my limited finances, I thought that I better not buy anything. I did enjoyed watching the Bollywood dancing. I am a fan of Bollywood movies when there is Shah Rukh Khan inside, but I watch them rarely now. I used to buy his DVDs. His movies are the only ones I buy. 

I was surprised that there is actually a 10 minute break during the performance, just like a Bollywood movie with 15 minute intermission. Haha!





During the 10 minute break, I walked around to see an elephant frame made of sticks. 



And the performance continues again! Lots of dancing and colours! 

No comments:

Post a Comment