Friday 18 August 2017

Summer Cinema 2017 - My Neighbour Totoro

17 August 2017

An acquaintance I befriended on one of the hikes I did in Meetup informed me about Stockholm Outdoor Cinema. I got so excited by it because I have never been to one. Ever. In Malaysia, it is too warm to watch cinemas outdoor and worst, be bitten by mosquitoes. 

I went for my first outdoor cinema outing to watch 'My Neighbour Totoro'! It is a Japanese animation and I remembered that cartoon from my childhood days. Unfortunately, the movie here was in Swedish, so I really could not understand anything but I remembered bits and pieces of the cartoon, so it was not too bad.

Five nights in August the Stockholm International Film Festival screens films on an outdoor screen in the park of Rålambshovsparken. Loads of people gather bringing picnic and blankets for a night out. The films start at 9 pm in the evening and are free for everyone. Popcorn, coffee, and candy for sale. Source from Visit Stockholm.



The screening started at 9pm but I was there by 6pm because I thought I was going to go for a bicycle ride with a friend, but he cancelled on me half an hour before. So, I explored the park a bit. Got a nice spot. Also, there was a food booth with free slice of pizza and free Fanta can (although of a small size).  



Check out the large crowd! It is good to come early to get a good spot. 


It was an awesome experience - my first outdoor cinema. I hope to do it again in 2018. There is no information on the movie list yet. I have a better grasp of Swedish now, so I can appreciate the movies better.

No comments:

Post a Comment