Friday 4 May 2018

Cherry Blossom Flowers

1 May 2018

It is my first spring in Sweden and it still felt cold to me. There is a beautiful sign to mark that spring is in Stockholm - the blooming of the cherry blossom flowers! And I thought this was only available in Japan. You can see it in some of the houses in Stockholm (most of them have white flowers) and there are two rows of cherry blossom trees in Kungsträdgården. 

The flowers bloomed somewhat on the third week of April, and according to my friends, the flowers can last for about 2 weeks, and when it gets too warm, the flowers die. And this year, summer came early to Stockholm somewhere in mid of May. 

I was so happy to be able to witness cherry blossom flowers and need not fly to Japan for this. It costs quite a bit to fly to Japan during spring. There was a huge crowd to snap photos with the flowers. To have an empty street, one would need to be there by 7am!







I was clad with my soft-shell jacket, downjacket, and a dry-fit top. The sun came out and it was slightly warmer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment