Monday 7 May 2018

Grundsjömossarna (Ground Lake Bog)

5 May 2018

4 days ago, when I went to see Cherry Blossoms in Kungsträdgården, I was wearing a downjacket and my soft-shell jacket. Today, I was in long sleeves shirt only, and it was so warm! Summer has started. What a difference within 4 days!

Today, I followed a group to Grundsjömossarna's Nature Reserve which is located in Norrtälje. We took bus 676 from Tekniska Högskolan to Norrtälje. We continued with bus 641 to Hallstavik. This is a new area for me as I have never been to Norrtälje. Also, I have never been to a bog area - an area of wet muddy ground that is too soft to support a heavy body or you can call it marshland / swampland / wetland. I did not know what to expect and after today's hike, I can conclude that I am not a fan of bog. Haha! I found it a bit boring though as I don't have any knowledge on the flora and fauna here. Nevertheless, it is always fun to experience something new while I still can.



The organiser (the one in the red-striped shirt) mentioned that this was an exploration as he has not been here himself either. We trudged through high bushes and soft ground (looking for the small red hut), and walked on well-boarded footpath. It is definitely advisable to have long sleeves and long pants.



We got a view of Grundsjö lake from a small bird tower where all 10 of us cramped inside to enjoy a glass of champagne with cheese and meat (must be an European thing to combine these 3 together) from the organiser. This is the first time I have experienced this. He wanted to treat us for joining him on this walk. 





The end of our 16km walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment