Saturday 25 November 2017

Christmas Market at Rosendal's Garden

23 November 2017

As Christmas is approaching, one can find Christmas markets popping up here and there every weekend till Christmas. They said that it usually starts on the first weekend of December. 

This is my first Christmas market. It was in Rosendals Trädgård - Rosendal's Garden which is located on Djurgarden Island. This place sells lots of plants and has a number of greenhouses. I was excited, as usual (the first year in Sweden is usually exciting for me because I am experiencing everything new) to go to my first Christmas market. 

Each greenhouse sold something different. There is a greenhouse for souvenirs and Christmas decoration, greenhouse for potted plants i.e. flowers, greenhouse for food and a greenhouse for performance. I thought of buying something to eat because all the food look so tempting (and cold weather makes one hungry) but I look at the price and I changed my mind. Haha!

This first photo was taken at 4.20pm! It feels a bit awkward initially to have darkness set in so early. 






Jams for sample in the souvenir shop.




I was very early, and there was no one at the greenhouse cafe yet. The photos show night but it was actually 4.20pm when I arrived. Yes, darkness arrives early during the winter.























Then, there was the outdoor restaurant where sausages are being grilled. Smells good but the price did not smell good. Haha! 3 sausages for SEK100/RM50. No, I cannot afford it.






Finally, a picture of me by the fire. Feels like I am in those cartoons and movies where the folk in a little town stand around a fire to warm themselves up. I have been brainwashed by these stereotype movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment