Tuesday 31 July 2018

Måsnarenleden

28 July 2018

Hiking with a Meetup group again! I have not joined much of the hiking activities since winter. So, I was happy to see 2 familiar faces in the group. 

Today, we hiked around Måsnaren Lake (pronounced as 'mos-nah-rent') and the trail is called Måsnarenleden and one follows the blue mark. I did ice fishing in the lake during winter and I am back here again for a hike around the lake. This hike is in Södertälje municipal and it took me about 1.5 hours to get here. I have never been on this hike and hence, I went. I took the commuter to Östertälje and then bus 753 to Hovsjöskolan stop.

It was predicted to rain but it never did. It was pretty warm for me, and I was in hiking shoes which was a bad choice because half of the route was on gravel and asphalt which hurt my feet in hiking shoes. It would have been better in sports shoes. My steps would have been lighter. 

The 14km walk felt like forever, and not to mention the heat. I was glad when the walk ended and I treated myself to an ice-cream at the end of the hike. Some of us went for a bath in the lake at the end of the walk while I decided to take the bus back.  







One of my friends i.e. the organiser got bitten by a tick. A girl helped him to pull the tick out with her nails. I was bitten by a tick three weeks back and I got a huge borelius ring at the back of my right thigh. I did not even know it was a tick bite until I asked my partner 4 days later. I did not suffer any symptoms of fatigue, fever or headache. It itched a lot the first day and the mark remains which got me curious. Anyway, the doctor gave me a 10-day course of antibiotics. Ugh.







We had lunch by one of the lake spots and the warm breeze from the lake was refreshing.






I was just so happy that the hike was over. Back to a stuffy bus and train. So glad to be able to take a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment