Sunday 29 July 2018

Kampung Indonesia Festival 2018

27 July 2018

Kampung Indonesia Festival is back again! I went on the first day of the festival which was on a Friday, so there was not much of a crowd. This year's festival has lesser food options though. This was my post on last year's festival. It was raining last year but I went on 28 July. This year, I went on 27 July and it was sunny and too warm for me. What a big contrast! Last year, I was in jeans and rain jacket. This year, I was in shorts, cap and I applied sunblock on myself too.




The Indonesia Ambassador officiated the painting of the festival with a brush stroke and the artist on the right of the painting finished it.



There were only 2 Indonesian restaurants that day. The others were Thai food, Indian food, and pizza.



My friend treated me to some Indonesian food. Clockwise from top right - (1) Bakso soup (6 meatballs with rice noodles) SEK79/RM39.50 (2) Rendang - meat cooked in coconut milk, chili and Indonesian sauce. SEK120/RM60 (3) Ayam bakar penyet - BBQ chicken. SEK95/RM47.50 (4) Sate ayam - 4 sticks of grilled marinated chicken skewers with peanut sauce. SEK75/RM37.50.

I was very surprised at how expensive Rendang is but the meat was in such a small portion. Although I can say that they are very generous with the rice portion. I like the Bakso best.


No comments:

Post a Comment