Sunday 8 July 2018

Uppsala - Botanical Garden, Uppsala Town, City Park

5 July 2018

Another town that is worth visiting during the summer is Uppsala! This is about an hour drive from Stockholm and it is mostly a university town because it has a university there (obviously!). Uppsala University is the first university in Sweden and most students choose this place because it has an authentic studying environment. 

All the photos were taken between 7pm and 9pm. Swedish summer is fantastic!

We went to a Botanical Garden (looks like most towns have A botanical garden) that looks almost dried out. I mean, the plants and not the giant bushes. The Botanical Garden faces Uppsala Castle which has an art museum inside (I went there last winter and will be blogged about too).







Then, we proceeded to walk to Uppsala Town. It has a little canal which reminded me of Holland. I went to Göteborg at the end of July after visiting Uppsala and I find Göteborg more charming with its old town and historical architecture compared to Uppsala's and Stockholm's Gamla Stan. There were cobbled roads in Uppsala Town and one can see Domkyrka (Uppsala Cathedral) from almost every corner of Uppsala Town.




We had a wrap with 2 sausages, mashed potatoes, and salad. SEK90/RM45 and it has the size of my face. 












Headed to City Park - another garden.





My partner brought me to see a sculpture which is so high up in the sky, that I don't understand its significance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment