Tuesday 4 September 2018

61st Merdeka Celebration & Farewell of the Malaysian Ambassador

1 September 2018

Today, I attended Malaysia's 61st Merdeka Celebration and the Farewell of the Malaysian Ambassador at the Ambassador's residence. It is a huge residence! The nearest bus stop is 10 minutes' walk away. 

First, we sang the National Anthem and followed by 3 local songs that we usually sing during our school assembly. The Ambassador gave a speech and cut a cake. Then, it was food galore! There were so much food, lots of local food and lots of desert. There was even 'teh tarik'! Gosh! Since it was a potluck event, I made Swedish apple cake. I have been making lots of apple cakes that I am getting pretty good at it now. 

I feel so happy to be surrounded by my fellow Malaysians and I am happy to say that I have not lost my touch in speaking Malay! Yahoo!



Check out this fancy kitchen stuff to cook satay! Not the usual grill machine but it works too.









We even had 'char kuey tiow' being cooked on the spot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment