Wednesday 28 February 2018

Riksdagshuset (The Parliament House)

27 February 2018

The first time I went inside Sweden's Parliament House, I was on a tourist visit in 2015 and I was surprised that visitors are allowed to go in. I went inside the debate hall and left after 30 minutes because I could not understand a word of Swedish.

Today, I went again, with a full guided tour of the public areas in the Parliament. It was a school excursion trip - and by school, it was a job employment program and we have occasional one-day excursion. 

The Swedish Parliament has 5 functions - set legislation, approve budget, control government, determine Sweden's position in international political situation and participate in EU matters. The guide mentioned these functions frequently which somehow stuck inside my head. Haha!





This is the flag of each county in Sweden.







This is Kvinnorummet (pronounced as 'ke-vee-nor room-met') which means 'The Women Room'. There were paintings of ladies who made the first impact in the Parliament. The painting you see is the painting of the first lady who joined a political party.


Definitely worth visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment