Saturday 24 February 2018

Skiing - My first time

22 February 2018

I thought I would never get the chance to ski because there don't seem to be any free trials around. There were for ice-skating which I did a couple of times but still not confident enough yet. You could imagine how happy I was when I saw there was a free 1.5 hour skiing trial at Spånga Sports Center one winter evening. Another winter sport to try and check off the list!

I wondered how does ski shoes looked like and how is it attached to the skis. The shoes have a little metal that clicks on to the skis and they are fastened together. My ski shoes size is 39 and they are really hard.





Skiing is definitely easier than skating. It was a challenge to balance for the first 30 minutes but I soon got the rhythm. We skied around the stadium. I fell down on my bum once because I was going a bit too fast as I was getting comfortable and I decided to increase my speed which got me unstable. The arms were tired from pushing myself forward with the ski poles.


No comments:

Post a Comment