Tuesday 19 March 2019

Hallwyl Museum

17 March 2019

Today, I met up with 3 of my friends from Kulturkompis and we visited Hallwyl Museum. Not many people know about this place although this museum is conveniently located in town. It is a house that belonged to a rich family and was donated to the local district. This is my 3rd time visiting this place, and I find this time the most educational. I believe it is due to my improved Swedish vocabulary. I can understand what I am reading and I can appreciate the place better. The first time I went, it was my first summer in Sweden, so it was a month after my arrival where I visited all the free museums in Stockholm.

Plus, there was an exhibition of women empowerment during my visit. It was on the main woman character of Hallwyl House. Her name carries the Hallwyl's family name. 




This is the armory room and it is mostly for displays. The owner bought all this stuff to show status. And in my head - gosh, with all the money he has, and he invested in armory that he cannot use.




This is from the exhibition of woman empowerment. Can you spot Ms Hallwyl's name? It is the third name - Ebba von Hallwyl. She got good grades during her studies. 



This is a funny comic strip.

- I am strict that my daughter must be engaged before she is 20.
- What if she does not get engaged by then?
- Then, she must always be 19 till she is engaged.



No comments:

Post a Comment