Thursday 28 March 2019

SMA - Chinese New Year 2019

23 March 2019

Today, Swedish Malaysian Association celebrated Chinese New Year at WKB Restaurant. Yes, it is a belated celebration. A very belated celebration! Close to 1.5 months later! Well, it is because it is difficult to find a weekend where everyone is available. There were games for adults and kids, food, and a karaoke session too! It began at 11am but I was there from 830am, and ended at 3pm but I left at 3.30pm. 


Since I am one of the committee members, I helped out for the event and I parked myself in the kitchen. It is hard work preparing the ingredients for 300 pax! I skinned gingers, cut mushrooms, fungus, beancurd skin and broccoli, sliced chillies, julienned carrots. Took 3.5 hours. This morning, I reached early and got a crash course on how to chop chicken for the chicken rice. It was my first time and my left palm was numb from hitting the chopper down to the board. I am not exaggerating when I said I have a blue black spot on my palm too. 2 of us chopped 50 for 1.5 hours. Helped fried some of the spring rolls too. It was fun working in the kitchen. I love the fancy kitchen tools! Look at the huge wok they used to fry the vegetables.




Then, I removed my sweater and I am in my cheongsam outfit. I am happy that I could fit in the same outfit that I wore during Chinese New Year 2014. I thought that I would have put on weight and cannot wear it anymore. 


The outcome of the chopped chicken for the chicken rice.



To me, the highlight of the event was the lion dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment