Friday 29 March 2019

Tastebud : Buffet lunch at Haymarket by Scandic

25 March 2019

Somehow, it is very common to have buffet lunch in Stockholm. You can have buffet lunches at hotels or restaurants. Back in Malaysia, I thought buffet lunch at hotels is for the rich and dining in a hotel is rare for me. I don't usually have buffet lunch in Malaysia either. It will be too much to consume during lunch. I have buffet lunch when I go for training in hotels.

I have had a couple of buffet lunches now. Most of them being Asian buffet lunches - a mixture of Chinese, Thai and sushi food. Think of fried noodles, rice, stir-fried vegetables and chicken, fish, salad, fruit, sushi (is always a must). They are usually priced between SEK105 - SEK120. That is RM52 to RM60. You can find these sort of buffets packed with people. 

Today, I had a buffet lunch at Haymarket by Scandic. It is not an Asian buffet lunch. It is the Swedish version, well I think it is the Swedish version. Grilled chicken, cabbage, beetroot soup, salmon and potatoes. I did not take any photos of those but I took a photo of the dessert that my friends and I had. Little cute cookies with cream and blueberry fillings. Yummy! The buffet costs SEK160/RM80. This place does look a bit fancy, so I am not surprised with the price. By the way, the restaurant changes its buffet menu every week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment