Saturday 9 March 2019

Swedish Milestone - Writing Notes

I need to write down my next milestone in learning Swedish.

Yesterday, I was at a meeting with a client and my manager. My manager assigned me to jot down the minutes of the meeting. The meeting was held in Swedish, and to my surprise, I jotted down everything in Swedish. 

I reflected back at my first meeting with a client at the end of August 2018 and I was so nervous. I could only understand 50% of what the client said, mostly because I did not understand the jargons and I needed time to accustom to her accent. I was jotting down my minutes in English. This continued on - writing all my minutes in English. Then, it gradually become to some Swedish words and some English words. My fingers could not type fast enough to catch the additional letters in the keyboard. Plus, my spelling was getting haywire as I learnt more Swedish words. 

And yesterday, 8 March 2019, after 8 months, I could type the minutes in Swedish! I was in shock. In 3 months' time, it will be 2 years in Sweden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment