Wednesday 10 April 2019

Swedish Milestone - 5-minutes presentation

Last 2 days, I attended a Prensetation Techniques course and I surprised myself with another personal milestone for my Swedish. I presented an impromptu 1-minute talk titled 'My time as a photo model' and it was not from personal experience either. I created the story and just blabbed on. I was so nervous and I spoke so fast. The trainer told me to slow down. This, I never expected that I could talk so fast in Swedish in front of 8 people. 

Then, I prepared a 5-minutes speech (35 minutes preparation) where I presented a proposal on my job service to a company. The last time I prepared such a speech was in December 2018 where I prepared a 6-minute speech for my national exams a week and half before and I had to memorize my speech. For the 5-minutes speech, I did a bit of impromptu adjustment and after 2 times seeing myself in video, I know what I should work on. 

I spoke a bit slower and I was less nervous, but I could present a job-related proposal in Swedish. I was extremely happy and proud of myself. This, I never thought that I will experience this now. But I did not know that I could either until I was put in the situation. Naturally, this is thanks to my colleague who brought me along for meetings and a proposal presentation. I could have never achieved this much within this short time without her, and my partner too whom I spoke Swedish to everyday. 

Yes, I am jolly proud of my progress. 1 year and 10 months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment