Saturday 13 April 2019

Work : Presentation Techniques Course at Åkeshof Slott

8 April 2019

Today, I had the privilege to stay in one of the rooms in the premise of Åkeshof (Aw-kays-hov) Palace (in Swedish, it is called Åkeshov Slott). To me, this does not look like a palace but more like a mansion. I was here for a Presentation Technique Course and I did learnt a lot. You can read about my progress in this post. Anyway, I am writing this post to share how the castle looked like from its inside, the room that I stayed in and the food that I ate. It is not that I get to enjoy this environment often, so I took photos. In fact, I was the only one in the group who took photos. Yes, this happens when you move to a new country and experience new stuff. You take photos that locals think it is nothing unusual. 

The castle is located just next to a train station called Åkeshov. Extremely convenient. 


Upon arrival, I took coffee in a uniquely-designed cup.



The paintings here are not as elaborate as the ones in the Royal Palace (that is a huge palace). 



Can you guess what this is? It is a water boiler. It has an electrical cord attached to it to keep the water warm. 





The guests make their own coffee with the fancy coffee maker.


This is my little room which is in one of the buildings located outside the castle. There were no footwear provided as it is heated flooring. My room has a good view of the garden. There is even an old fireplace (it is called Masonry heater) which is not functioning.








For dinner, we had Appetizer - engraved asparagus with wild garlic mayonnaise, garlic shoot and lemon tapioca, Main dish - Calf outer with celeriac purée, truffle and baked onion, Dessert - Baked rhubarb with vanilla ice cream, strawberry curd and crumbs. The food was really good and I was extremely stuffed after the dessert. 






We had Cheese dish - to be taken with wine or beer. Cheese dish consists of cold meat, dried bread and different types of cheese. I asked a colleague what do you call this dish - I was looking for something similar to lunch, dinner and supper, and my colleague said 'cheese dish'. I tried beer with 5.3% alcohol. I requested for light beer and light beer = alcohol free beer. What I wanted was something light to swallow.




This is next day's lunch. It is a vegetarian meal. The potatoes and avocado stuffed me up.


Those are the photos that I took during the 2 days, 1 night course. I saw a number of guests in addition to other companies utilising the facilities here as a training room (similar to us)

No comments:

Post a Comment