Monday 6 May 2019

18km walk to Saltsjöbaden

5 May 2019

Today, I joined the Meetup group again for a hike to Saltsjöbaden (pronounced as 'salt-hwei-ba-deng'). We met at Henriksdal train station at 9am. It was a 18.6km walk from Nacka till Saltsjöbaden. We took the train back at Saltsjöbaden station at 3.15pm. It was 8 degrees and it went up till 11 degrees. I did not want to take any chances and wore a down jacket and my hiking jacket. I sweated under those layers but at least, I did not freeze. 

We hiked up a few slopes and although it was tiring initially, but I got the hang of it after a few warm-up sessions with the slopes.



We saw two deer too. They were just staring back at us. I am sure they are used to seeing many humans. 


Our first pit stop by one of the many lakes that we stopped by.




Lunch stop. I had 2 hard-boiled eggs.




We had a dog on our hike too. She is so active and full of energy! 


Lastly, we stopped for fika at the cafe located in Saltsjöbaden. I did not buy anything. I enjoyed the conversation with the group. 



For the second time in many hikes (15 hikes and 4 outdoor activities, I just counted) I have joined with Meetup, I exchanged contact numbers with one of the participants (I exchanged number once with a participant and we lost contact after a while), tried another's coffee (I tried once a Singaporean lady's coffee because she brought coffee from Malaysia) and I got a muffin. I even held conversations with others during my entire hike. It feels like the good old times in my hikes in Malaysia where we shared stuff, conversed, laughed and exchanged contacts. I guess an outlier can happen occasionally. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment