Friday 31 May 2019

2 Years in Sweden

31 May 2019

Today marks my 2 years in Sweden. 1 June 2017 was the day I stepped on Sweden's soil. It has only been 2 years but I felt like I have been here forever. The main reason is because I can speak Swedish. I am able to carry out conversations now but working with the language is still a learning process. I don't have a problem reading Swedish documents in my job scope. At times, I cannot believe myself the stage I am in now. The rate that I pushed myself to learn the language and force myself to work with it. It is true, the saying that what does not kill you will make you stronger. I even wrote an article in LinkedIn describing my work experience in Sweden. I am aware that after the second year, nothing will seem too strange or uncomfortable for me here. I believe I have assimilated myself into the society (it helps that one is working in a Swedish environment). It is no longer stressful for me and I am very glad for that.

Besides that, I have been immersing myself with lots of activities, thanks to Kompis Sverige, which I am now a volunteer. I have been to a number of concerts and theaters. I have done activities which the locals don't do. Now, I have to keep looking for new activities to keep myself interested in the town. Not that I am bored with it. It is just that I have joined numerous activities that I need to do different things now.

So, there will be no more anniversary posts after my second year here. 

To celebrate my 2nd-year anniversary, my colleague took me to a beautiful restaurant by Lake Mälaren. It is call Mälarpaviljongen (The Mälar Pavilion). It was a sunny and warm day. I had salmon pudding for SEK119 / RM60 and a slice of cheese cake for SEK68 / RM34. Filling meal and I enjoyed myself! Here I am, posing with my cup of coffee.




Yay to my 2-years in Sweden. I made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment