Tuesday 28 May 2019

Roslagsleden 5

26 May 2019

I am back home after a 21.8km walk. Today, a group of us hiked Roslagsleden Section 5. Two weeks ago, I did Section 3 and 4. Initially, we wanted to do Section 6 too which will come to a total of 42km but we did not have sufficient time and it rained during 3/4 of the hike which sapped out most of our energy.



We met at Danderyds Sjukhus train station (the red line) and took bus number 626 at 9.25am to Singö Handel. It was about a 45-minutes bus ride.



It was raining when we alighted from the bus. I took this photo because I thought the road bumps were unique. According to a friend, these road bumps are movable and will be removed during winter. I was prepared this time (it rained heavily during the last 3km back to the bus stop in Roslagleden Section 3 and 4) with the rain - I wore my rain jacket, rain pants, and used an umbrella too. Sometimes, I will close my umbrella in the forest when I walked through tight spaces but most of the time, the umbrella was above me. Yes, it rained 80% of the hike. Shoes were wet and socks were damp. 

During the first 3km of our hike, we had a difficult time finding the trail and was off-trail walking through the forest. Good thing I had my rain pants on, so the branches and high moss dirtied and wetted that pants and not my hiking pants (which were underneath the rain pants). 






It stopped raining at 12.50pm and stopped for lunch. Some of us removed our shoes to squeeze out the water from our socks.




That is me and my umbrella. I did not realise how pretty the umbrella is. That is Erik in his poncho. Two of us used umbrella while three used poncho. 




At 3.45pm, we found our bus stop Norrsand which will bring us to Åkersberga train station. The bus came right on the dot at 3.55pm and we were very happy to board the bus. I thanked the bus driver for coming. 


The group I went with. The organiser is the girl in a red poncho which is on the far left.



I did a jumping pose and the photographer could only catch the photo when I landed. It was a good walk, overall, despite the rain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment