Monday 13 May 2019

Roslagsleden 3 & 4

12 May 2019

I have never heard of Roslagsleden (The Roslag's trail) until I saw this event posted in Meetup. So, I decided to give it a go. I have to say that this is a very beautiful trail! It is different from the usual nature trails that I have been. Previously, I was obsessed with Sörmlandsleden which I hiked 7 sections (the first hike was done in August 2017, and the last one was in November 2017) but there were not many hikes organised for this trail as one needs to take the bus further away from town and travelling takes time too.

We walked, in total, 31.6km and my legs were sore after that. The knees were aching for 2 days and I did an interval run on the second day, where the aches left but my thighs ache instead. I think aching thighs are much better than aching knees. 


We gathered in Danderyd Sjukhus station (the red line) and took bus 676 (a double-decker bus that has WiFi on board) which stopped at Brottby Trafikplats where a drizzle started. We took bus 667 and got off at Stora Karby. Here, Roslagsleden  section 3 starts. The trail is clearly marked with an orange neon sign that states Roslagsleden.



We alighted at Stora Karby and was greeted by a farmhouse. It was cloudy at the initial part of the walk and it became sunny again.







We went up a birdwatch tower which is 450m high. I saw a lot of birdwatchers here which reminded me of my sister that loves birdwatching.





The first pit-stop was at a cafe which is opposite a football field. I got to empty my bladder here.




This is our lunch stop. 



We saw many uprooted trees on this trail. The wind must be really strong! Mother Nature's force is powerful.




The water under this tunnel is not deep, but I would not enjoy wet shoes, so it is best to walk on the planks.



Roslagsleden 3 ends here, and Roslagsleden 4 begins! The clouds did not look very happy at this point. It was forecasted to rain at 3pm. 







We stopped at Har Lake. The rock formation goes down to the lake which makes it accessible for anyone who would like to wade in the water or wash their hands (in my case). 






As forecasted, it drizzled, and then it poured heavily in the last 3km to the bus stop. I was soaked wet in my shoes and pants. It was a very unpleasant feeling. Wet and tired - bad combination. I was very happy once I saw the bus stop. All of us took shelter inside the stop. 


Mother Nature is kind and rewarded us with a rainbow after drenching us. 


We took the bus back to the train station and I was happy to get home as soon as possible to remove my wet shoes and socks! I told the bus driver that we are so thankful that you came. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment