Wednesday 19 June 2019

Stand Up Paddling

17 June 2019

Volunteer duties with Kompis Sverige! It is a first-time activity for me - Stand Up Paddling! We did it with Surfbussen. This activity is new in Sweden and it is actually an introductory course to surfing. It was windy that day which makes it really hard for me to paddle against the wind. I was so nervous as I transferred myself from the platform to the board. 




We get in first by kneeling. And then, one can attempt to stand up and paddle. But for me, I was on my knees the whole time as I paddled out to the open. There were motorboats passing through which created waves that got the board wobbly. My ankles were aching from the kneeling. I tried to stand but I did not feel stable. 





Finally, I stood when I paddled in the canal where the waters are really still. Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment