Thursday 20 June 2019

Volunteer Appreciation Day 2019 - Kompis Sverige

18 June 2019

Today, we had a mini party for the volunteers at Kompis Sverige. The volunteers are the ones who bring the participants to the activities, jot the attendance, get everyone to talk to one another, call those who are late, give directions to the lost ones, take a group photo before or during the event and finally, write a summary of the event that will be posted on Instagram. We had pizza, chips and cherries. Also played a game of Kub which is an odd Swedish game. 

I got a balloon that is tied to a note that says, Shi Yan, thanks for an exceptional effort as a volunteer for Kompis Sverige. You have been to 17 activities in 2019, unbelievable! 

I certainly did enjoy being a volunteer! Getting to meet new people from around the world all the time and reunite with the old ones. I learnt so much from all of them each time. Everyone has a different story and it is so interesting to communicate with them. The best part is when I become friends with some of the participants as we see each other frequently. One of them said to me - I think we can become friends on Facebook now because we see each other a lot. I did share my experience on how I learnt Swedish and how I found a job here to those who asked so they know what their alternatives are.

I am so happy I found Kompis Sverige. Because of them, I joined so many activities that I could never imagined that I would be able to. Kompis Sverige, you are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment