Tuesday 16 July 2019

Part 2 - Day 2: Kayak from Nämdö to Ingarö

14 July 2019

Read here for Part 1.

We got ready by 9am. Today, we paddle back to Ingarö. First, we filled our bottles with water from a well. Just follow the sign that states 'Brunn' which means a well or a watering space. It was about a 200m walk. The water is very fresh. 




Off we go - back in the waters. We used a different route which is shorter than the route we used to arrive to the island. 



After about 2 hours of kayaking in the wide vast waters, we stopped for lunch. Beautiful day today too. 




The island we stopped at is apparently a private island. It has a bridge that connect to another private island. I walked to the middle of the bridge and I found it too shaky for me. So, I hurried back to the island. 


It was just another hour of paddling back to where we started. It was about 12.30pm when we got back to the wooden jetty.

Here is most of us from the group. The group leader is the one in front. I thought reading land maps was impressive but he was able to read a map of the archipelago and to me, all islands look the same. This is how I should define impressive now - to be able to read a map of the archipelago and bring oneself across the waters. He even had a compass with him. 


It was an amazing experience paddling a kayak across the huge waters. Before the trip, my friend texted me that you will do fine kayaking across the huge waters. I felt sick by the phrase 'huge waters'. I am so happy I managed to overcome my fear with a huge thanks to my co-kayaker, Dario. It was also a bit of a challenge maneuvering a double kayak despite it being more stable. We ended up banging with the other kayaks a couple of times which was very hilarious because the sea is so huge. Haha!

Best experience ever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment