Saturday 24 August 2019

Tastebud : Smak (Michelin)

23 August 2019


Smak - my first Michelin experience. Ever. We took the five-dish selection for SEK590 per person. The place was crowded. I can conclude that Swedes don't mind paying for a gastronomic experience. I chose 5 flavours - chili, thyme, soy, truffle and passion fruit as dessert. For each flavour, there is a recommended wine. I took one glass of wine because it takes me the whole dinner to finish it.


First dish - chili flavour in beef, leeks and turnip cabbage.


Second dish - thyme flavour in beef, duck liver and brioche.



Third dish - soy flavour in sej (a type of fish) and cabbage



Fourth dish - truffle flavour in calf cheek, pak choi (a kind of vegetable) and mushroom. 


Lastly, the fifth dish - dessert with passion fruit flavour in chocolate and and clove.


The dishes were small and I enjoyed my experience here. It opened my eyes and tastebuds to explore more of Stockholm's restaurants. To dare to try Michelin-standard food.

No comments:

Post a Comment