Saturday 31 August 2019

Malaysian Food and Culture Fair

31 August 2019

On 31 August 2019, Malaysia celebrates its National Day. In conjunction with that, the Embassy of Malaysia in Sweden organised a Malaysia Food and Cultural Fair. Immediately, I asked a friend if I could share a table with her to sell my baking. I baked Kuih Bakar and Onde-Onde. I sold a piece of kuih bakar for SEK30 and 6 onde-onde in a box for SEK30.

The day started with the flag-raising ceremony and singing of our national anthem. The event started at 10am and the crowd started pouring in. I bought char kuey teow, fried flat noodles, my all-time favourite food for SEK80. That was the only food I bought. I am happy to report that by the end the event, I sold all my baking! All 109 pieces of kuih bakar and 192 onde-onde. I was over the moon! The customers commented that my delicacies were delicious. 







The day before, my friend and I baked Kuih Bakar. I was apprehensive because it was my second time baking it. The first time did not turn out so well. Fortunately, it turned out well this time. We made 8 big kuih bakar and 19 small ones from muffin moulds, as well as 192 onde-onde. We made the onde-onde on the same morning of the fair where we woke up by 4.30am!






No comments:

Post a Comment